I have shared a lot with you already, my internet friends. But I’m going to share some more. My dear childhood friend tagged me on Facebook. So I decided to post it here and have it import to Facebook. I mean, why not? It's not like I still have to post the Wednesday What Is It? or anything.
1. I feel like I’m very awkward and make terrible first impressions. And that I’m a very forgettable person.
2. I am not afraid of you.
3. I feel like most people, especially people I used to drink with, don’t understand why I quit drinking at 19. Sometimes I think they think it’s a way to get attention or a way to make me feel better than other people. Neither is correct. When two drinks can give you a buzz, when you can tell yourself to stop because you are the designated driver, when you throw up and don’t want to drink more, when you don’t crave alcohol all the live-long-day-long, when you remember more than you don’t…when you’re that, any of those, when you’re not me – you can’t understand.
4. Many of my friendships have inexplicably gone sour. Perhaps it is me.
5. In my heart, left to my own devices, I’m a jerk.
6. I dream of staying home with my kids and designing clothes, sewing bags, making jam, and baking.
7. I don't review all of the movies I watch.
8. I am not anti-social. I just don’t go out much.
9. I hold fake conversations with real people in my head.
10. I am tormented by nightmares.
11. If I don’t write something down, I will forget it.
12. I sang Amazing Grace on my dorm balcony one night. I stopped when my friend Mike came out. He asked me to keep singing.
13. I once dated a guy who I think was probably gay, but he just didn’t know it yet. We’d go to raves and he’d ask me to watch him dance.
14. I don’t understand how it’s possible to deny the existence of God once you become a parent.
15. I have never been in a fight, but I have never backed down.
16. I recognize the presence of God in my life everyday, and am ever thankful.
17. I really want to own a bike again. And just go ride whenever I want to. Just take off and ride and feel the wind in my face like I did as a kid.
18. Put up or shut up, I say.
19. I really, really want to add the unlimited data plan to my cell phone. But I can’t bring myself to spend the extra $9.99 a month.
20. I had a folder full of poetry and other nonsense I wrote. I lost it. It makes me sad to think about.
21. My husband and I grew up a world apart. And I’m not just talking CA vs.
22. I feel like I never look my age. And it bothers me.
23. I cannot stand CSI and other junk like that, but I love The First 48.
24. I constantly wait for miracles.
25. I could only choose one: Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies or Jingle Bell Rock. I chose Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies. I was regretful for years.