When I spoke to my husband about this earlier tonight he told me I should add Brittney Spears to my list. I thought he was joking. He was serious! He said she should be on my list because I wanted to be like her. Pshaw! I never wanted to be like her, I just liked dancing to her music - when the dance floor would clear out at GIG because Oops I Did It Again came on, Megan and I would stick around and tear that sucker up! But you know, James was right, at one point I really, really, really wanted to be on the Mickey Mouse Club and/or Kids Incorporated. So I'll start my list on a light note and say that I admire(d) Brittney Spears, Christina Aguilara, JC, Justin Timberlake, and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie.
- Jesus Christ for being who he is. For his compassion, for his ability to forgive, for not being a pushover.
- Dr. Michael L. Kenney, aka My Dad. I didn't know him as well I wanted to - I had just turned 11 when he passed away. But he inspired me. He held fast to what he believed in. He was part of the civil rights movement. He always made time for me. He loved democracy. I chose my (first) major because I wanted to be like him...turned out that I couldn't just "be" like him. He was a much better man than I could ever be.
- My Uncle Pete. For a man who never went to high school, he's done pretty well.
- The Giving Tree. No, not the author of the book, the tree in the book.
- Dr. Michael T. Carney, my finance teacher in college. To some he was tough like a ruggedized laptop, but to me he was awesome. He helped me learn that I didn't completely suck at numbers and he taught me how to teach. Yep, he's who I try to emulate when I step into the classroom.
**Play the Wednesday What Is It? and take the Sunday Sample**